Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Over the weekend my friend Debbie and I retreated to Suncadia Lodge on the east side of the mountains. It was a combo of nature, nurture and reflection. We had massages and sat in the hot salt pools until dark. It was sprinkling out, so we were lucky to have them all to ourselves. We had dinner in, watched a movie and relaxed - all toasty by the fire. It was just what I needed.

In the morning we woke to glorious sunshine and a cool fall day. The views were amazing and Suncadia's acreage goes on for miles, so we walked and walked, taking in the fresh air. It was nice to not have the background freeway or airport noise I am used to at home. Getting away from it makes me realize how much noise pollution I live with. No wonder I have to wear earplugs at night!

I love Debbie. She is one of my dearest friends. We always have such a great time together, and I am truly grateful to have her in my life. She has the gift of knowing just what to say or not to say to me when it is needed, and she reminds me that it is alright to feel my feelings and most of all she makes me laugh! I have a lot to thank her for...

Thank you, Debbie, for the last eight years!


























3 comments:

  1. Wow - What beautiful pictures - I just love fall and all the colors - reds, browns, yellows, oranges - I really need to have Dennis take me for a drive in the mountains to see all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - thanks for sharing all the beautiful colors in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you had a good weekend with your friend. The pictures you posted are so beautiful. I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete