Sunday, July 12, 2009

Balmy Summer Nights

Troy and I met our friends Kelly and Jen at a local beach for picnic dinner on Saturday evening. It was the perfecting ending to what was a very stressful day. By the time we left the house that evening I had been sitting at my computer for 9 hours doing homework. I was mentally drained. It was very warm and with no central air the house felt humid and uncomfortable. I was more than ready for fresh air. Here are some pics from our evening filled with friends, great conversation, many laughs, yummy raspberries and even a few surprises on the water.










3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Sometimes you just need to take a break from homework, and just have some fun. I love the pictures that you took, especially the one of the raspberries, they look so good. I love raspberries. I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!
    This is (one of) Troy's long-lost cousins - Rodney Pearson. I don't think we've ever met. =) The things one can find at 4am when not sleeping. I'm not even sure how I found your blog - though Dennis and Jill's blog I think.

    Anyways - I just wanted to say "Hi". I haven't seen or spoken to Troy since about high school days - tell him hello for me. My wife's blog can be seen at www.pearsonsparty.blogspot.com if you want to find out about his wierd cousin (Don't omit the 's' between 'pearson' and 'party', otherwise you'll hit a blog that is not us!).

    Rod (in Iowa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, sounds like it was just what you needed! I agree with Chelsey, the raspberries looked great and yummy. I'm so glad that you were able to get away from the computer (with homework) and that you were able to get out and about. Hang in there Laura. It is almost over! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete