Thursday, December 3, 2009

Possibilities

Gulp. I am applying for a new position at work. It is in the very department that I work for now but will be doing actual claim handling vs. claim processing. It will be a promotion for me and a bit scary because of the responsibility, but I am very excited for this new challenge. Positions like this don't come along very often in my department...the last opening was 10 years ago. It is funny how it happened. A woman far north of us decided to switch careers and that left an opening in her department. A different claim handler did a lateral move which opened yet another spot. They decided not to replace this second person directly in her own department but in mine instead. You see, I feel like this was meant to be. I just graduated from college and now this! I knew that I would never be competititve enough for this position until I finished school, and now that I have, this door has opened. I am rambling a bit, so I guess what I am trying to say is please keep me in your prayers for the interview that will likely be happening within the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Laura-you will DEFINITELY be in our prayers! What a wonderful opportunity and I hope and cross (every finger and toe) that you get it. I really hope it goes well for you! Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete