Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kathryn Rockafield

On a more somber note, my Grandmother Rockafield passed away this past weekend. She was born in 1912 and lived to 2009 and was 97 years old. My grandmother was a beautiful woman. She had smooth skin and a quiet voice and was sharp as a tack for as long as she was alive. I admire so much about her...she was a quiet woman, but had strong opinions...I see my mother in her and love that. Growing up, my Grandma and grandpa's house was the best for playing. They had a huge fir tree in their backyard that we would make forts under. The neighbors had a horse pasture with horses that I would always sneek over to pet. If you couldn't find me, I was over there. Grandma was incredibly gifted with a greenthumb and always had fresh food and a full greenhouse. I will always relate the smell of a greenhouse to her. My favorite foods at Grandma's house were cheese and crackers and her angel food cake with whipping cream frosting. She would decorate them with flowers from her garden. I really do miss those days. It has been a long time since she lived in that house but the memories will stay with her family forever. We love you Grandma...it's amazing all of the things you've seen in your lifetime...I feel blessed to be part of you and am happy for you to be resting peacefully.

3 comments:

  1. Laura: I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. She was an incredible courageous, and beautiful woman. I see a lot of you in her face. It was fun to get to see her at your wedding. I am sure that she will be missed by all that knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I am sad to hear of the passing of your grandma. She was the cutest little lady at your wedding. I am so sorry for your loss. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Laura for your grandmother's passing. It seems that she has left quite a legacy behind and that is awesome but it is never easy to lose someone. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now.

    ReplyDelete