Sunday, January 4, 2009

Game Night Extravaganza!!

Last night marked the kickoff of our monthly game-night extravaganza. Our friends Greg and Heather are HUGE board game fans...and I mean HUGE. Greg has collected boardgames from all over the world and owns approximately 400 games. So, seeing as how this is a common interest between the four of us, we have decided to get together once a month and play. We gather around 3pm and fuel up with food. Then let the games begin! Last night we played until midnight, and Troy would've kept going...however, I could not. We had such a great time. Next game night I will take a picture of Big Boss. Greg had this game custom made. It is absolutely beautiful. It is his all-time favorite, and isn't in production anymore, therefore it is worth a pretty penny. The game is completely made of aluminum. His friend milled the board and pieces, and engraved his initials into each building block of the game. The playing plates and figurines were made of anodized aluminum. We guess that he dedicated hundreds of hours to making it. I wish that Troy's family could be here to play with us...they would have loved it. (Especially Tyler B. and Tracy!!)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, sounds like fun! Man, 400 board games, that is amazing! I'm glad that you guys had fun. Travis wanted me to ask you guys if you are interested at all in going in on a present for Dennis for his b-day? Go into my blog and under the "About Me" section and then you have my e-mail address and you can e-mail me if you want to do this or not, or if you want more info. Let me know.

    Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete