Sunday, August 9, 2009

We ♥ Idaho

The last week of July was the family camping trip in Idaho. I worked frantically to wrap up two of my classes before we left and the thought of going camping at one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, Alturas Lake, was my motivation and reward. What I love most about going to visit Troy's family is how much everyone genuinely loves to spend time together hanging out, talking, laughing, playing games and just having a great time.

The day we left for the lake Troy and I rode with Tyler, Tracy, Abby, Bo and caravanned with Tanner and Chelsey. It was nice to have the time with them because we don't get to see them very often. Bo was fine most of the way, a few snorts and heavy breaths on my neck but overall he is a good boy. Abby liked to share her Nillas with Uncle Troy and Aunt Laura so we got a long just fine. :) She is growing up so fast!

When we got to camp we unloaded and set up everything and settled in for a few days of good eating, hiking, swimming, games, walks, bike rides, camp fires, mosquitos, fishing, smores, dutch ovens, picnics, ladies hair washing, celebrating Ryann's birthday, bears in campgrounds, and so on...I love how fresh the air is, how close the stars seem, how uncrowded the campgrounds are and the family time together.

On the way home we had just left Alturas and had to stop at Smiley Creek Campground because it looked like Travis' trailer was going to go flying off the road. The boys had to re-distribute the weight and so the girls had milkshakes. YUM. I just had to. We drove across another pass outside of Sun Valley that had a scary road up the mountain. IT WAS STEEP!!! We stopped for lunch at Park Creek and then went on to Fall Creek, where I fell in (2x). After that, I was really ready to go home. I slept so good that night. The afternoon before we left Tyler let Troy and I ride 4-Wheelers at their house. It was so fun! I have never done it before and was screaming like a hyena...I'm sure the cows wondered what the crazy lady in their pasture was doing. We had a great time!

I had a hard time picking only a few pictures, so here are several. We can't wait to see everyone again at Christmas!

Pettit Lake



Fall Creek



Fall Creek



Stanley Lake



Falling in Fall Creek



Blake who LOVED the water at Alturas



Brothers with Dad at Fall Creek



Abby with Grandpa



Kaylee in Camp



Us at Stanley Lake



Alyssa & Tanner having fun



Happy baby Hunter



Lady Leisure Walkers Aftyn and Grandma



Brothers



Abby learning the pump early



Troy LOVED this picture of Abby...what a great face!



Hellos



Blake and Grant at Stanley Lake

2 comments:

  1. That was such a fun week! I am so glad that you guys got to come down for camping. It is always nice to see you guys. We will just have to remember not to let Troy drive when returning to Dennis and Jill's house so that we won't die going around the corner on to the freeway:)We want to come up and visit you guys sometime soon. I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas. Love you guys, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to come back too, and you are ALWAYS welcome at our house if you ever want to come and visit.

    ReplyDelete