Thursday, September 3, 2009

Isn't She beautiful?

This past weekend Troy and I, with our friends Jerry & Jessi, went camping at Mt. Rainier National Park. Jerry and Jessi are hiking the second half of the Wonderland Trail...a mere 65 miles. YIKES! They hiked one half last summer and are back to complete it. We picked them up at Paradise where they dropped their car off because hat is where they will be finishing. The campground was just OK. Nothing like Alturas where you actually have space between camp spots. This campground was completely full and I felt like we were on top of each other. I've gotten spoiled camping in Idaho. :)

Here are some pictures of our beautiful Mt. Rainier (who is practically naked of snow).

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend!!!

Mt.Rainier



Again from the other side



Jessi coaxing a wild Gray Jay to land in her hand and eat blueberries



Us



Before 65 miles

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that a wild bird would land on his hand. That is really a cool thing to see. I miss camping already. I know that Dennis and I only went a couple of times this year and it was not nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete